Re: [xml-dev] UTF-8+names

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 05:17:09PM +1000, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> That is one design flaw in only having a single delimiter for named
> references:

I don't think that is a flaw. I repeat my question, which was not
answered yet: Why are only elements and attributes subject to a
namespace definition, but not entities? Has this been discussed while
preparing the Namespaces REC, and was it decided not to go this way for
any good reason? Pointers to mail archives are welcome.

--
 Joern Clausen                                joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
 Faculty of Technology           http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/~joern/