   standard vs. implementation tools for XQuery

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: standard vs. implementation tools for XQuery
  • From: Waraporn Jirapanthong <aj406@soi.city.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:28:25 +0000

Hi,

I've been trying to validate my XQuery statements with some tools. I'm pretty
confused if they are incorrect themselves or the tools do not support the same
standard. Since I study how to compose inquiries from different resources like
w3c, available websites, etc. Otherwise, I validate them by some case tools. I
found some syntax are not the same.

Let me give you a sample, I try to inquiry XML elements from one more XML-based
documents with invoking *doc()* more times. What I found is some tools do not
support this quiry. (Or is there another way to compose such that quiry?)

Could anyone give me some suggestions, please? Or has any tools supporting
XQuery 1.0 is available at the moment? Thank you very much in advanced.

Cheers,
Waraporn