   Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG is now an International Standard

Roger L. Costello scripsit:

> > Remember that ISO has tried to impose a licensing fee on use of
> > their country code standard. Given that sad effort, I would
> > advise against use of any ISO standard if there was a viable
> > alternative. If they can do it for country codes, they can
> > impose licensing fees for use of any of their standards,
> > e.g., Relax-NG.

1) RELAX NG is both an Oasis standard and an ISO one, with identical technical
   content.

2) No charge is made for the use or implementation of any ISO standard; charges
   are made for copies of the standards document itself.  In the special cases
   of the country-code, language-code, and currency-code standards, where the
   standards document *is* the standard in effect, ISO charges for copies of
   the code list in database-ready format.  You are still free, however, to
   type in the codes yourself, and the content is available all over the net.

See http://www.relaxng.org/#software .

--
If you have ever wondered if you are in hell,         John Cowan
it has been said, then you are on a well-traveled     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan