   Re: [xml-dev] Re: [Sax-devel] Re: [xml-dev] SAX and endDocument

> This thread on Sax-Devel is relavent to this discussion
> http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/thread.php3?subject=%5BSax-
> devel%5D+endDocument+throwing+an+exception&list=13179

Thanks John-- that thread is helpful. But it sounds like the constraint is
moot as we have seen many people break conformance and the odds of getting
people together to fix these things seems up in the air. I also found the
quickstart page [1], which I don't remember seeing before tonight-- it has a
more specific wording:

"The start/endDocument event handlers take no arguments. When the SAX driver
finds the beginning of the document, it will invoke the startDocument method
once; when it finds the end, it will invoke the endDocument method once
(even if there have been errors)."

Now, I don't think that is normative (only the interfaces themselves are
normative for SAX right?)-- but it does lend some credence to the argument.

[1] http://www.saxproject.org/?selected=quickstart

All the best,
Jeff Rafter