   Re: [xml-dev] Non-Borg servers can authenticate Borg clients (WasRe: [xm

Heylas, Julian,

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:28:34 +0100
Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> I've got a list of Webfolder versions and known issues at
>
> 	<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html>
>
> and I'd appreciate to hear about
>
> 1) listed issues being reproduced to be present or fixed with a
> release I couldn't check yet, and
>
> 2) issues not listed there yet.
>
> In particular I haven't had time to trace the authentication issue, so
>
> feedback (traces, problem description, DLL versions) would be
> appreciated.

Okay.  I'll make a note of it, and offer feedback as I encounter it in
future.  So far as I know, we were using the webfolders, not redirector.
 I'm far from expert on windows these days, though.  I'd provide
feedback on the previous experiences, but you'd be relying on my memory,
which is not necessarily trustworthy.  Our workaround, btw, was to use
WebDrive.  That, too, had problems when I initially obtained it, but
they had *just* fixed digest auth and I got to test that release (this
was in June or July of 2003).  The drawback: $40.  Still, it rated as
completely reliable and ended up being well worth the money.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I.