   Re: [xml-dev] Non-Borg servers can authenticate Borg clients (WasRe: [xm

At 3:19 PM -0800 1/9/04, Stan Dyck wrote:

>I searched around and found some evidence that lynx supports digest
>authentication, but nothing on how to make it work. Any ideas?

No. I don't know much about Lynx. Do you have a link to this
evidence. Google wasn't able to turn up anything relevant, nor did I
find anything on the Lynx web site.

Lynx is actually a very important (and often unappreciated) browser
to support for reasons of accessibility. If it were the major
stumbling block to adoption of digest authentication, it might be
worth putting in the time to fix it.

--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu