   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Updated XInclude DoC

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:
> At 2:54 PM -0500 1/23/04, jcowan@reutershealth.com wrote:
>
> Hmm, did you really mean to send this to the xml-dev list?

Nope, a slip of the brain.

> >2.14:  Using parse="text" and an xpointer should mean that whatever
> >the xpointer
> >points to is converted to text and included as such.
>
> Regardless, I will comment on point 2.14. This is very tricky because
> the XPointer will typically be resolved through an API such as DOM,
> JDOM, SAX, or XOM that does not provide full access to the original
> text content.

You make a very good point.  Of course 2.14 was yours in the first place.

> (Hmm, is
> there a fragment identifier type defined for text/plain?)

There is not, though Erik Wilde has an Internet-Draft proposing one.
Furthermore, there is no fragid type defined for text/xml or
application/xml, either.

--
Long-short-short, long-short-short / Dactyls in dimeter,
Verse form with choriambs / (Masculine rhyme):  jcowan@reutershealth.com