   XML 3E and SAX (Re: [xml-dev] JSR 206 and SAX)

Just so I have said it, I have this nagging feeling that something I read in
XML Third Edition impacts something I read somewhere in SAX. Has anyone else
scanned 3E under this lens? For some reason when I am trying to remember
what it was the errata that impacted the standalone declaration seemed to be
it, but the is-standalone property description seems pretty unobtrusive. The
other area of significance to the SAX specification was the changes to
encoding detection and the BOM. I remember awhile back there were questions
about whether or not SAX should report the presence of a BOM and this was
voted down. Of course, there may be nothing in 3E that impacts the SAX
specification and I am just in need of sleep.

All the best,
Jeff Rafter