   Re: [xml-dev] XML-appropriate editing data structures

> Give me a key to tap on if I need help.  *However*, several of my
> colleagues absolutely cannot comprehend this attitude, and profess
> themselves unable to survive without automatic code-completion sorts of
> facilities (most of them type slow, too, she sneered).

If they can be turned off you are satisfied? For users that use them they
are imperative. They are clearly not harmful for those users-- how can it be
considered harmful by nature? While I am happy to concede the point that
there are many states of document editing, many of which include invalidity
or non-wellformedness, requiring that editors only exist in this mode seems
extreme. I am also willing to concede the point that, in the event of poorly
designed configurations, certain options can be harmful-- like a poorly
designed autocomplete algorithm. But I don't understand how, if the user
invokes the dialog with some sort of key sequence, offering a list of
elements that are valid at a given point can be considered a bad thing. It
is entirely optional, and when needed, exceedingly helpful.

All the best,
Jeff Rafter