   Re: [xml-dev] Fast text output from SAX?

At 11:45 AM -0700 4/13/04, Dennis Sosnoski wrote:

>I think we're talking different types of output here. I want to
>generate XML text output from a SAX2 parse event stream, so I can
>directly compare the time taken to generate the XML text with the
>time taken to generate XBIS output, for instance. The write() method
>in an OutputStream or Writer isn't going to generate XML text.

Of course it can:

System.out.println("<root>This is a document</root>");

I think you need to define the problem more carefully, and then look
at how best to implement that problem, rather than assuming SAX is
part of the solution here.

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)