   Re: [xml-dev] xml editors

Hi,

Which do you think would be more interested in using a WYSIWYG editor,
the IE user or the mozilla user?

The thing is contentEditable came out a long time ago in IE and mozilla
has yet to support it (yes, I know the workarounds). Other things you
can do in IE but not Mozilla:

- cache xsl transformers in the browser
- use MSXML's Schema Object Model (SOM) for client side valdiation
needs, showing what elements are available at the focus, etc

That being said, I would love it if mozilla had its own SOM for RNG. The
SOM is the main thing keeping me with IE.

One last thing, do you know about the Bitflux editor
(http://bitflux.org). It is similar and works in mozilla

best,
-Rob

p.s. I usually use Safari