   Re: [xml-dev] XUL Compact Syntax Study Now Online - Is XML too hardfor A

John,

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, John Cowan wrote:

> Norman Gray scripsit:
>
> > Amen.  Say it loud: there is almost no point in compact syntaxes for
> > interop on the wire -- for that, you need pointy brackets.
>
> [...]
> Let's not get carried away here.

Indeed not.  I was just trying to detach the questions of compact syntaxes
for input versus compact syntaxes for the wire, and defend the former
against the accusation that it breaks interop.  That accusation is a
big pointy stick that (it seems) tends to get brandished with great
enthusiasm whenever syntactical questions are raised.

That, and a weakness for hyperbole.

See you,

Norman

Norman Gray                        http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/