   Re: [xml-dev] WS-Addressing to W3C: Is the Tide Turning?

On Aug 19, 2004, at 12:20 AM, Tim Bray wrote:

> Hmmm.  My impression was that XQuery's delays were self-imposed,
> they've taken on an insanely-large problem and determined that they're
> going to solve all of it, in absence of significant prior art, what do
> you expect? -Tim

Agreed, I was just using XQuery as a poster  child for a long, long
delayed W3C spec.  In retrospect, it's not a good example of what the
Powers that Be complain about at W3C.

Also, that was written before I was enlightened by Mark Pilgrim's
soon-to-be classic description of the universal dynamics of a standards
working group: http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/08/16/specs :-)