   RE: [xml-dev] [Fwd: Potential Gap (WAS Re: [owl-s] communication between

That's a very good and concise presentation in Jim Webber's
article.   Since he credits Mark Baker, I assume he had some
incisive input on the matter.

<offtopic>
I'd give a lot to know Russert's opinion, but like a very
large section of the population, I've pretty much decided
how I will vote and my blog makes that clear.  I'm not a
happy camper about the use of the Mean Machines on either side.
</offtopic>

The tools we use tend to become habits and we fight for
our habits often without realizing that they are only that.
Semiotics teaches much about the power of habit formation.
I speculate endlessly about adaptive agent-to-agent communications
and the habit complexes.  Will the semantic web be a golem
capable of breaking habits or only of forming them?  Will
it learn to 'know a good thing when it sees it'?  That is
the problem of the initial implementation of any system
based on the immune system model.  It knows good and everything
else by implication is bad.  The difference is when is bad
'an object of interest' vs. a target.  As I said, a system
that learns does not treat everything for retargeting.
Nor does it hesitate too long.  It's the musical art called
'tu-ning'.

len

From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]

Last night I had the unique opportunity to spend an hour and 15 minutes
in person with Tim Russert, listening to him speak to an audience
comprised of parishoners of his church (I play piano at Sunday 5:30pm
mass there). It was amazing to hear his more candid opinions of the
election, in ways that he cannot express while on TV (he even did
impressions of the candidates!).

In any event, Jim Webber has an excellent piece on the *other*
interesting topic of the day[1], Web Services vs REST. Hope you find it
informative.

[1] http://www.webservices.org/index.php/ws/content/view/full/39565