   Re: XOM vs. dom4j

OK. I can't try to switch until some of the new features are added, but
I will keep an eye on XOM. More inline...

Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Robert Koberg wrote:
<snip/>

>>  -- can I use XOM in a jaxp transformation so I can set a URIResolver
>> on the TransformerFactory and another on the Transformer? In other
>> words, is there something (planned) like a XOMSource?
>

> Wolfgang Hoschek has done some work along those lines in Nux. Longer
> term what's planned is catalog support, but I doubt I'll expose more of
> the TrAX API directly.

This will probably make me not use XOM. My use case is that I have
several projects under my manager app's control. Projects start out with
one XSL file and import default files from the manager app. Projects can
'override' files by either creating templates/variables in thier main
file or they can create files to override the default files. So, the
TransformerFactory resolver looks first in the project's directory for
XSL files, if not there it falls back to the manager app's files. I
would not want to hardcode file paths in a catalog XML file (and I would
not want the user to maintain it) or create a catalog in memory and have
to check if the catalog needs to change if a user adds/removes an XSL
file to their project.

best,
-Rob