   Re: [xml-dev] Hello XQuery ... Goodbye XSLT?

/ "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org> was heard to say:
| Hi Folks,
|
|>From my examinations, it would appear that XQuery is a superset of XSLT.  I
| wonder about the future of XSLT?

I don't.

| Is the intent of the W3 to deprecate (i.e., eliminate) XSLT once XQuery is
| released?  /Roger

No.

But I'm biased. I have no real interest in XQuery. It's a
non-queriable, non-transformable subset of XSLT 2.0. I should care
why? No, don't answer that. There are lots and lots of good reasons
for XQuery and I'm not moved or excited by any of them.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The man with ten children is better off