   Re: [xml-dev] struggling to learn RDF ..

Bill de hÓra wrote:
>> Also can someone suggest a good book on the subject, the O'Reilly
>> "Practical RDF" is practicaly unreadable.
>
> I didn't find that when I read it. Despite what some people say, RDF can
> be conceptually difficult subject matter; perhaps the problem was you're
> just getting to grips with the stuff.

i found myself getting very frustrated trying to read this. Believe me,
i don't like to slag off books, esp those from the great O'Reilly, but i
took this one on three separate trans-atlantic trips and didn't grok a
single thing. At first i blamed myself for not being clever enough, but
really it's the book's fault if it doesn't help me 'get it'. I was
hoping for a "Dive into RDF" when maybe i really needed a 'Learning
RDF'. It's a shame, because Shelly seems like such a good egg from her
blog. Ho hum.

> Stefano Mazzocchi has started a series:
>
> http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/linotype/news/57/
> http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/linotype/news/78/

They look good.

i think i've also gained a certain amount of understanding using with
Mark Nottingham's Python Sparta API[1] to build some relationships and
importing the generated RDF/XML into Gravity[2].

As a result i'm more ready to ask some more specific questions on
ww-rdf-interest@w3.org which seems to be more active than