   Re: [xml-dev] Web Services/SOA (was RE: [xml-dev] XML 2004 weblog items?

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 10:13:43AM -0500, Rich Salz wrote:
> >There are obviously many different ways (i.e. in many different
> >architectural styles) that one can build Internet scale systems.  So why
> >haven't any of them been described?
>
> Unh, because we don't know the answers yet?

Well, we've got a handful of existing Internet applications - why not
start with those?  Even if we just find the lowest common denominator
constraints of those systems, I'd suggest that we'd have a better idea
for learning which are conducive to Internet scale use than if we
started from systems like CORBA or EDI (which are arguably where Web
services started from).

>  Because enterprise-scale is
> a more commercially viable market? :)

Perhaps.  But I think folks really *do* want Web services to work at
Internet scale.

Mark.