   Re: [xml-dev] Streaming XML (WAS: More on taming SAX (was Re:[xml-dev] A

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 18:36 -0500, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> * Karl Waclawek <karl@waclawek.net> [2004-12-27 18:22]:
>
> > Alan Gutierrez wrote:
>
> > >    In these cases, it doesn't buy me anything to have the whole
> > >    document in memory, since I'm either assembling some sort of
> > >    AST, or just responding to events, any state that is build up is
> > >    application specific.
>
> > That is why this whole discussion isn't that interesting to me.
>
>     Streaming XML, or the documents verus events debate? I've kind
>     of found the ins and outs of events to be entertaining.
>
> > Is you SAX library publicly accessible?
>
>     Uh, sure. No, but, I'm working toward an open source release of
>     any one thing I've been hacking at.
>
>     I tried to make work available before and it wasn't all that
>     easy to do. License choices, build scripts, and documentation.
>
>     Tricky.

I sympathize 100%.  A lot of people are quick with the cattle prod for
throwing every bit of useful code out to the waiting world.  But they
forget just how much work it actually is to release software.  If you
try releasing code with a minimum of effort, you're subject to licensing
flames and users who expect bottomless tech support and four score reams
of professionally-edited documentation.

Use CSS to display XML - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss-i.html
Full XML Indexes with Gnosis - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/08/py-xml.html
Be humble, not imperial (in design) - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=10286