   Re: [xml-dev] XPattern Specification

>     Can't we think about how we'd use the langauge? Taking about
>     what we want to scratch out of XPath is jumping the gun.

>     I don't want to have you think that I'm suggesting an STX or
>     XUpdate like language, so much as I am considering applications.

If anybody can put together a "Grid" language for xml, that
would be useful.

Take for example, a price update event, that comes out of
a diff and looks like:

           <Product Item>
            Product_ID&="74332"
            Name&="IBM A50 DT P4 3EGHz 256MBDDR 40GB CD XPP"
            Availability&="InStock"
-           List_Price$=1183.00
+           List_Price$=1147.00
           </Product Item>

How could that be taken and then applied as an 'event' onto
an inventory system?

I know it's not a "generic" problem, rather a specific one,
but price changes do happen an awful lot in the real world
and it would be cool to have some sort of clever solution to
this.

To translate what is required, a price has changed in a
supplier catalog and the inventory system would need to
be updated in real-time.

Throughout the day, there are thousands of these darn
events.

Regards

David