   RE: [xml-dev] Even if you're not ... was If you're going to the W3C meet

> yet, at the same time, the amount of use of xml in business seems
> if anything to be declining....  in a typical industrial
> area, Sydney,
> Germany, UK, there isn't a lot of practical use of xml..

I don't believe for a minute that the IT director of a large company can
measure how much XML is being used within his own organization, so as far as
I'm concerned, anyone who thinks they can assess the level of use in a given
country is making wild guesses and is almost certainly wrong.

Let's see some metrics, for example downloads of open source software, job
advertisements.

Everyone who files their tax return online in the UK does so using XML. How
many such examples would persuade you that there is a lot of practical use
of XML in the UK?

Your URL, incidentally, was to an article that's not public.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/