   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Where does the "nothing left but toolkits" myth come f

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 02:28 pm, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Recall that mixed content is identified with #PCDATA. Without
> consulting 8879, let me attempt to paraphrase. What does PCDATA stand
> for? "Parseable Character Data". And what is CDATA, "Character Data" that
> isn't parseable. The fact that it's locked inside the <![CDATA[ section
> means that noramally active characters (like & and <) are not active.

Ok, well then I think that CDATA it is an overly cumbersome mechanism
both to use and to explain.

> |    <户客>
> |        姓名&="Joe Schmoe"
> |        地址&="123 Seattle Ave"
> |        无效字&="]]>"
> |        我的无效字="^/ ^m (carriage return) ^t (tab) ^" (quote)"
> |    </户客>
> |
> | Proves what ?
>
> Uh, that you're looking at the document with a tool that doesn't
> understand utf-8 or utf-16. Why are you doing that?

It's all working fine at this end. I think you are mistaken but thanks
for your concern.

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.