   Re: [xml-dev] xml 2.0 - so it's on the way after all?

Norman Walsh wrote:
> 3. Something that works for a well-defined set of strings that can
>    be defined by some mechanism external to an individual document
>    but also inside a particular document. Something that has all
>    the features of general parsed entities.

One radical idea would be to define parseable entities in XML, in a
separate entity namespace, using a simple first-definition-wins rule and
XInclude for the external ones. I wonder why nobody's proposed that? Oh,
wait, a number of people have proposed that. They just get slapped
around here until they go away. ;-}

Bob Foster