   Re: [xml-dev] Schemas As Anti-bodies and Dynamical Systems

On Monday 14 February 2005 03:27 pm, Nathan Young wrote:
> Hi.
>
> In cases where I've found validation useful, the subset of documents I'm
> interested in is a much smaller and more specific set of documents than
> the set that I would like to exclude.  This makes "accept if" conditions
> easier to define than "reject if" conditions.

Yes.

> I think in general this is the case and has led to the current state
> of document validation, but I agree that it need not always be so.

The opposite opinion is where you have structured messaging that
is done in a small business environment where practically all the
validation is done at a human level.

Humans nut through the a rendering of the documents, work out if the
documents make sense and reject ones that don't. Click a button to
reject it or get further information and make it go away for a while.

One question I have is whether it is such a good idea to let the
humans in.... oh well it's all good fun...

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.