   Re: [xml-dev] [About Unicode] Why the symbol LOGICAL NOT is missing from

William,

On Thursday 03 March 2005 08:20 pm, William J. Kammerer wrote:
> Is this a trick question?  The logical NOT sign is NOT missing.  I
> assume you mean the  "¬" symbol. It can't be missing from Unicode -
> otherwise I couldn't have placed it in this e-mail using ordinary ISO
> 8879-1 (a.k.a. Latin-1).  It's x00AC (or "U+00AC").

imo that's an ugly character, the  "¬" symbol. Even uglier than
my "Ya" text.... :-)

Given the following:

 a) <SomeChick>
      really_ugly?=True
    </SomeChick>

or

 a) <SomeChick>
      really_ugly?=¬
    </SomeChick>

I have my own opinion about which is more readable. Maybe the
second one is more polite and less likely to cause violence, I
don't know..... there is an argument for safety in obscurity....

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.