   Re: [xml-dev] Question on SOAP Reply

babu.eshwaramoorthy@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am invoking a webservice and getting the below response.
> Can anyone tell me why the elements in the response message contains the
> attribute "xmlns".
>

> <soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
> 	<soapenv:Body>
> 		<stopRunningMandateResponse xmlns="urn:css">
> 			<McomStopRunningMandateResponse xmlns="">
> 				<ns1:Error_Code
> xmlns:ns1="urn:css.simpay.er.mobile.belgacom.be">0</ns1:Error_Code>
> 			</McomStopRunningMandateResponse>
> 		</stopRunningMandateResponse>
> 	</soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> This "xmlns" attribute is creating problem when I try to parse the
> response message. I am getting the below errror
> "The document is not well-formed xml document . Unrecoverable errors
> encountered while parsing:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute
> "xmlns" was already specified for element "stopRunnigMandateResponse".

The above looks well-formed to me and should not halt a parser. It is an
ugly output nonetheless.

You will need to find out what the parser+version is; you will also need
to find out what the correct xmlns value is for these elements:

  stopRunningMandateResponse
  McomStopRunningMandateResponse

xmlns is used for scoping elements in a namespace; use a search engine
if you require further details on that mechanism, or buy the XML in a
nutshell book by ER Harold. Working with SOAP without an understanding
of that isn't advisable.

cheers
Bill