   Re: Non-infoset

Certainly not.  I am trying to get a feel of the existing views on how much relevance the non-infoset part of an XML document has for the creator of the document (be it a program or a person).

I have often heard the comment that the infoset is not important because nobody uses it except spec writers.  I am trying to understand whether "nobody uses it" means "people typically need to express more than the infoset contains" or whether it means "people don't use the word 'infoset'".

> You
> don't think it's a big number? I don't get your point, nor why you
> started this unnecessary squabble.

See above.  I know for sure that there are many applications that don't care about defining entities and referencing those defined entities, or that are happy with either attribute delimiter, and so on.  I would conclude that those applications would be happy with exchanging infosets instead of XML 1.0 documents.  I am trying to determine what is the weight of those applications overall.

Alessandro