   Re: [xml-dev] Open source Eclipse XML Editong plug-in

On May 12, 2005, at 7:25 AM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Is anybody working on or aware of an open source Eclipse plug-in for
> editing XML and doing XMLish things (XSLT, XPath, schema, DTDs, etc.)?
> My initial googling hasn't turned up anything promising. I've found a
> couple of commercial and closed-source/free-beer options. I've also
> seen a couple of more-or-less abandoned projects that never achieved
> liftoff, but so far nothing in active development.

Personally, I use Netbeans [1] because it supports XML syntax editing,
schema and DTD validation, XSLT, OASIS XML Catalogs for XML Schemas,
etc.  You
don't need a plug-in for any of that!   ...and the embedded Tomcat
is really quite nice.

Now, there are many students at the Center for Document Engineering at
UC Berkeley who have been quite happy with Eclipse+Oxygen, but that
isn't open source.

[1] http://www.netbeans.org

-- Alex Milowski

"The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity of
the
considered."