   Re: [xml-dev] Call for Participation: W3C Workshop on XML Schema 1.0 Use

On 26 May 2005, at 18:32, Dave Pawson wrote:

>> On the other hand, there is always a lot to learn examining the
>> alternatives, and I'm personally open to hearing people compare
>> and contrast experiences of using XML Schema with Relax, RDF,
>> Schematron, CAM, UBL, et al.
>
> I'm more curious about this.
> Would you go to your <name your opposition team/> home base,
> and sound off about how good your <name your home team/> is?

So when I wrote this, I was thinking of someone neutral like
a bank relaying their experiences. One scenario I keep hearing
more and more of is how the mapping between Relax and XML Schema
is being used effectively as a profile. I'd also like to hear
from people who have gained value combining rules languages
such as Schematron with XML Schema. But yes, the Workshop is
focussed on XML Schema, so that should remain at the core
of your report.

> Unless you like being stoned (some do), why bother?

My experience from previous such events leads me to believe that
discussion will be fair and open.

Paul