   RE: [xml-dev] What are web services ?

OK, here's my answer. The term "web service" means anything the speaker wants it to mean. Like "service oriented architecture" or "native XML database" or "electronic business" it's a fuzzy term that different people will define in different ways, depending on what they are trying to sell you.

Michael Kay

From: Razvan MIHAIU [mailto:mihaiu@mihaiu.name]
Sent: 29 May 2005 17:43
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] What are web services ?

    This is not that much off-topic. Please make the courage to answer :-(

Hi,

Were can I find a good definition of this ? A web service must be based on SOAP in order to belong in this category ? A web service must use XML for transferring data (like SOAP) ? Can we have web services without WSDL and UDDI ?

Regards,
Razvan

--
Regards,