   Re: [xml-dev] Another Microsoft XML patent

> If the patent in question is indeed bogus,
> look to the USPTO's incompetence, not some evil plotting, for the
> source of the problem.

Yes, that is what I am looking at. There can be no other possible
answer. Apparently they look in cookbooks and old sock piles for prior
art on software patents. Maybe someone should nudge them and point
toward Google.

Step 1: Take the title of the patent and copy it.
Step 2: Paste it into the Google search bar.
Step 3: Click the I'm feeling lucky button.
Step 4: Print.
Step 5: Send to patent applicant with denial letter.

Hmmm, that process definitely looks patentable.

Jeff Rafter