   Re: [xml-dev] Another Microsoft XML patent

* Jeff Rafter <lists@jeffrafter.com> [2005-06-06 11:14]:

> >If the patent in question is indeed bogus,
> >look to the USPTO's incompetence, not some evil plotting, for the
> >source of the problem.
>
> Yes, that is what I am looking at. There can be no other possible
> answer. Apparently they look in cookbooks and old sock piles for prior
> art on software patents. Maybe someone should nudge them and point
> toward Google.
>
> Step 1: Take the title of the patent and copy it.
> Step 2: Paste it into the Google search bar.
> Step 3: Click the I'm feeling lucky button.
> Step 4: Print.
> Step 5: Send to patent applicant with denial letter.
>
> Hmmm, that process definitely looks patentable.

    Definately patentable, except a little to specifc. If you could
    replace Google search bar, I'm feeling lucky, with Internet
    searching aparatus, then you'd have a business process.

    A Method for Verification of Patent Claims Using an Internet
    Searching Aparatus

    Now please let me in on some the royalties you'll be getting
    from the USPTO.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html