   Atom 1.0 is Baked

http://www.tbray.org/atom/RSS-and-Atom

I've been reviewing this document.  The Atom
tribe did a heckuva good job cleaning up and
tightening the RSS-clone.  I think this is a
good doc to review.  Comments welcome.  Thanks
to Tim for posting this to his blog.

Watching the Schema debates and sitting on a
few of the other standards lists, I am increasingly
impressed with the productivity possible when
wikis are employed and the amount of process is
reduced to the minimum required.  Even if the
onlist noise ratio is high, the use of politics
to determine outcomes is more reasonable, the
ability to get far opportunities closer together
is better, and overall, it seems to produce a
better specification.

Standards wonks pay heed.

Money tightens in the second terms of
administrations and the long term technical
innovations can fade away given a tight
schedule and a distempered White House.
Running code and rough consensus still
gets results faster.