   Re: [xml-dev] Mixed content in data-binding (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Interest

Original Message From: "Elliotte Harold"

> Pete Cordell wrote:

>> important</p>" might be to have a class structure that ...
>
> Personally I'd stay away from data binding for use cases like this.
> Dealing with mixed content is hardly the only problem.

[...Pete's added gap for emphasis...]

> You also have to deal with repeated elements, omitted elements, and order.
> Child elements just don't work well as fields.

That's all in a day's work for binding solutions.  A few more napkins and I
hope to get a good mixed solution as well!

> You can of course fix all this, but then you end up with something about
> as complicated as DOM.

Hopefully not, but it might depend on what you're used to!

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
                         for XML to C++ data binding visit