   RE: [xml-dev] Can we treat XML elements and attributes as sets

> Thanks Mike for clarification, and more information..
> I did'nt knew namespace URIs could be null.

The namespace URI property of an element or attribute node can be null,
meaning that the element or attribute is "not in a namespace". What I'm
saying is that it's often more convenient to regard such elements/attributes
as being in a namespace, a namespace with no name, and Elliotte's model
which you quoted seems to treat them that way.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/