   Re: [xml-dev] xml xsl web architecture

Peter Hunsberger wrote:

> I'm not quite sure if I get your distinction between buildtime vs.
> runtime?  Are you saying that the content could all be static with no
> need for dynamic transforms on the content?

My guess would be that most of the aggregation/pipeling can be done at
build time creating static PHP files/templates. Then that is used for a
'runtime' or what the end user would use/see.

We do that for some sites we manage and it works pretty well. We create
the XSL (I suppose it can get complicated) and determine the particular
XML Schema for the content pieces. The XML structure is usually what we
deem appropriate based on the clients needs. The CMS user uses a
wysiwyg, schema validating XML editor to enter content. If the XML needs
change, well, it is in XML and can usually be changed accordingly with XSL.

best,
-Rob