Re: [xml-dev] datument? [Was: [xml-dev] Generic XML Tag Closer </> (GXTC)]

Tony Graham said:
> <juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com> writes:
>> 3) Less verbosity. And this _is_ a point with very large datuments,
>> therein some guides in the famous element vs. attribute dilema
>> recommend usage of attributes when size is an issue.
>
> I'm not familiar with the word "datument".  FWIW, nor is Google since it
> asks "Did you mean: document".
>
> Are you using it in the sense used by Peter Murry-Rust and Henry
> S. Rzepa[1]:
>
>    A datument is a hyperdocument for transmitting "complete"
>    information including content and behaviour.
>
> or in some other sense?
>
> Regards,
>

> Tony.
>
> [1] http://jodi.tamu.edu/Articles/v05/i01/Murray-Rust/#4

Yes Tony, i mean very close to Murray-Rust word.

Look the glosary in the bottom part of the ref you cited

[http://jodi.tamu.edu/Articles/v05/i01/Murray-Rust/]

Datument: a combination of data and document created using formal markup
to allow the processing of individual data components

Today scientific research is usually presented in a document form (PDF or
paper formats in usual journals). Most of scientific data generated in
research is lost in the end and often you even cannot check methodology,
statistical procedures...

Peter Murray-Rust is one of folks who want to see a new way of scientific
communication where document ('worked data') are combined with raw data.

Some people would claim that documents are data, but i prefer
differentiation between both, somewhat as often we differentiate mixed
markup (usually documents) from non-mixed (usually data).

Juan R.

Center for CANONICAL |SCIENCE)