RE: [xml-dev] 2007 Predictions - losing the PC

Quoting Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>:

> There is no reason to get to OpenGL unless you simply want to make the
> really brilliant technical effects, ...

Special effects sell... why not put them into programs if that is what
clients want..? works for apple and microsoft... so it can work on
even a much, much smaller scale...

after all, we all need to keep up with the times...

> We need content that regales, seduces and
> inclines us to action and kindness if we are too avoid the race to the
> cultural bottom.

yeah, exactly - 3D opengl effects...

> Or maybe that is what this generation needs so they can
> start over and feel as if that accomplishes something of their own.

can't stop it......

Best Regards

David