Re: [xml-dev] Re: [ubl-dev] Top 10 uses of XML in 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 18:32, Elliotte Harold wrote:
> I specifically said the Microsoft Office binary format. I have not
> tested the new Microsoft XML format so I don't know how it is size
> wise. However, their old binary formats are larger than the
> OpenOffice formats. Just open any Word file in OpenOffice, save it
> in OpenOffice, unzip it, and compare. You can see for yourself.

You've probably lost information though (for some value of
"information"). AFAIK the MS Office binary format has stuff in it
that MS themselves have totally lost track of long ago.

I guess all this talk will be more interesting when the EXI WG goes
ahead and publishes.

Hey, it's really nice to see chatter of binary XML come up and not
really care at all :-) Ah the frivolous joys of high-powered
computers with massive bandwidth!

--
Robin Berjon
"Add: similar to replace, but with the notion of adding to the value