Re: [xml-dev] XML dictionary - second try

Hmm…. I asked the wrong question. What I want to develop is an online
testing system not a "questionnaire". Only now I realized that there are
some subtle differences between an on-line testing system and a
questionnaire:

1) for the online testing system you need to know the right answers for
each question and flag the user when it makes mistakes. For
"questionnaires" there is no "right" answer.
2) for online testing systems the order of the questions is completely
irrelevant (in fact the order is random). For a questionnaire the
selected questions may depend on the input data from the user. Example:

I. Do you love cars ? Yes / No
II. What kind of cars do you like ?

It is meaningless to ask the second question if the answer to the first
question is "No".

Anyway, thanks a lot for your input. It is not hard to adapt your XML to
incorporate the correct answer.

I have some observations regarding you XML file. What information is
represented there ? I mean it is the information presented to the user,
in order to make a choice, or is it the information fulfilled by a user
and presented to an administrator ?

The first survey – with id "sec1" shows the user the choices he can make
while the second survey (with id "sec2") there are no choices. For the
question

"<Text>Do you currently use an XML Editor?</Text>"

There is only one answer: "True". The user is not asked to choose
between "True" and "False". This is either the answer received from the
user or it is a default value that must be shown to the user.

Regards,
Razvan M.