Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft buys the Swedish vote on OOXML?

did anyone read this document referenced by dave's reference?

http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections

was it referenced before and i missed it?

at any rate it starts a serious technical debate and has some
interesting points.

For me the real issue now is "has the process been corrupted?" and if it
has it could be a disaster for the ISO.

What if one country decides that the process is corrupt and therefore
will not accept the decision of the ISO ** on that basis **? MS could be
responsible for the beginning of the demise of ISO - not a good thing I
would have thought.

What if Australia (eg) decides that ECMA 376 is just a device to
maintain a monopoly, trade barrier, or price point - then (as was done
with dvd regional encoding) the MS could be ordered to allow, possibly
even assist, alternative implementations. Or worse, the standard may be
outlawed.

This really is a high stake game.

Rick M