Re: [xml-dev] XML without a net - XPackage step for XProc?

I just think what is obviously needed is a genaralisation of what ODF and OOXML
have solved by zipping and manifesting (as did other archive solutions such as
.war and .ear). Just a matter of standardizing the folder structure,
manifest file
format (which acts like an XML Catalogue file) and the compression
plus some rules
about pulling in all necessary files into the archive (like when
saving/synchronising
web files for offline use). This could include not just XML files and
other web files
but also any media or office file like slides, images, maybe even
perhaps single file
databases like Base. Would be extremely cool I think and very much needed for
archiving - to even be able to archive a whole website in a standard,
durable way.