Re: [xml-dev] XML without a net - XPackage step for XProc?

Maybe if there were a standard clever zip file like .jar with an
XML-aware manifest
like XML Catalogs - if it were just dealing with XML it might be
called an XML archive
file (.xar? or is that taken) but if it were a more general purpose
archive file perhaps
it might be called something like 'general archive', .gar say (if not
taken). Then is
could be a step not just in XProc but also Ant, etc. And if it was an
open standard
it could be built into almost everything and include media-type
information, etc.
Really it is a modernized web archive file, dealing with all kinds of
media, including
XML, schemas, stylesheets, etc and zipped archives like .odt too.

--
Stephen Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk