Re: [xml-dev] XML without a net - XPackage step for XProc?

Stephen Green wrote:
> I just think what is obviously needed is a genaralisation of what ODF and OOXML
> have solved by zipping and manifesting (as did other archive solutions such as
> .war and .ear). Just a matter of standardizing the folder structure,
> manifest file
> format (which acts like an XML Catalogue file) and the compression

Err, surely you'd need an Oasis catalog too?
Can you guarantee that the instance is using the locally
provided entities? Messy if the instance needs changing
just for transport? Easier to generate the catalog
at the time that you're packaging the set, then add
the catalog.
   Then how to ensure that this catalog is used
as apposed to the other three you have on your system
for various purposes....
  Gets messy doesn't it.

regards

--