Re: [xml-dev] Ten Years Later - XML 1.0 Fifth Edition?

On Mon, Feb 18 2008 15:27:03 +0000, andrew.j.welch@gmail.com wrote:
> On 18/02/2008, Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Why do all this work? A character is a character is a character, except
>> for certain well known ranges. The more we try to interpret the more
>> obscure characters, the more trouble we get into.
> I would say allow any character in the XML, but keep name characters
> reseved to those on a keyboard.

XML 1.0 already allows more than you can fit on a keyboard.

Whose keyboard anyway?  A hiragana keyboard layout, for example,
wouldn't have much in common with your keyboard layout.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com   http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599
Menteith Consulting -- Understanding how markup works