Re: [xml-dev] ten years later, time to repeat it?

Original Message From: "Elliotte Harold":
> Pete Cordell wrote:
>
>> P.S. If we're looking for features, how about an xml:type attribute
>> rather than having to use xsi:type?
>>

> That would be a bug, not a feature. I have zero interest in locking in any
> one set of data types or privileging any one schema language.

The type for xsi:type is a QName.  You can use the types defined in XSD part
2 if you like, or you can use your own types, which can be defined in XSD or
some other schema language of your choice (or even defined in some
completely different form such as narrative!).

> The lack of types is what makes XML a distinct improvement over some
> competing efforts. It is not an accident or an oversight, but part of the
> core value proposition of XML.

Maybe for some.  But not for all.

Regards,

Pete Cordell