Re: [xml-dev] Nested Documents (was: XML 2.0)

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
> > I like the idea of the
>  > processing instruction.  Although it seems that it should be
>  > a standardized one (e.g. <?xml:docclosed ...?>) that all
>  > parsers can look for.
>
>  I'm afraid I find this all completely bizarre.

Heh, it was your idea...

>  I thought the days when you
>  put "****" at the end of a data file because you couldn't rely on the I/O
>  system reporting that you'd hit the end of your reel of paper tape were gone
>  about 40 years ago.

For modern file systems it does seem a little belt and suspender like.
 However, when you start playing with AJAX fragments being sent out
over random Internet connections I can see why some people might think
they need this.   It's not going to cost that much, you can ignore it
99.9% of the time.  Is there any harm in it?

--
Peter Hunsberger