RE: [xml-dev] [offtopic] your participation is necessary

> You know (because many people, including me, have told you)
> how to pursue standardization -- join your national body and
> propose things through them, join some consortium and become
> active and submit it to them, etc.

Even better, get some papers published in refereed journals or conference
proceedings.

Companies and standards bodies are perfectly entitled to turn down your
proposals on the grounds that they are too busy with their existing
programmes and haven't got time to look at your ideas properly. A journal or
conference has an obligation to examine your work and assess it. If you can
get papers published in a reputable journal, people will start to take you
more seriously. If you can't, then perhaps there's some reason.

That's only the first hurdle of course. Hundreds of papers, good bad and
indifferent, are published in the database literature every year, and most
of the ideas never get any further. But if you want to change the world, it
would be a good place to start.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/