Including XHTML into another DTD?

So I know about namespace and how to define them and such, what I'm
trying to figure out is what is the best way to actually include
XHTML elements (for instance) into another DTD. I want to minimize
the impact on my DTD with as few entries as possible and I would like
to control where in my DTD these XHTML elements would be allowed.

So I have a main page called page and then within in it I have an
element called content and another called slideshow. Within content I
want to allow XHTML tags. More specifically I want to allow things
from the DIV tag only. This last detail is less important, but would be nice.

I tried looking at how MathML is included in XHTML but trying to sort
it out is a bit painful. Also they combined all the DTDs and entities
together as one file/DTD with namespaces; what I want to do is
reference in the XHTML DTD into mine

This is what I attempted but its not working

<!ELEMENT page  (title,date,copyright,content,lightbox?,show?) >

<!ELEMENT content  (div?) >

<!ELEMENT div   ANY  >

<!ATTLIST div
                xmlns  CDATA    #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";

In addition to controlling where the XHTML elements can be placed I'm
also trying to not have to prefix the html elements in my XML file.
I'd like to be able to cut and paste between HTML pages and my XML
document. I'm thinking this is what is causing my problems.

..dan
Danny Vint

Panoramic Photography
http://www.dvint.com