From: Micah Dubinko [mailto:micah.dubinko@marklogic.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 5:35 PM
To: Jim Tivy
Cc: 'Michael Kay'; 'Kurt Cagle'; 'XML Developers List'
Subject: Namespace use cases

On Jul 8, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Jim Tivy wrote:

> But how well they address all use cases I do not know.  I would be
> interested to hear about use cases where Xml namespaces fail and
> rough sketches of better technologies.
>
> Jim

What are the actual (as opposed to supposedly "common knowledge")
contemporary use cases for a namespacing mechanism (in light of
current discussion, as needed in HTML)? My informal research shows
that the use cases used in introductory materials to explain XML
namespaces are normally very contrived.

Perhaps it's time to come up with a new list?

-m